Wednesday, February 4, 2009

When did a ticket stop being a ticket?

On January 20th, 2009, I woke at 5:30 in the morning to witness history. To witness, the first black man be sworn in as the President of the United States. After an hour and a half on the subway - collectively humping and being humped by everyone in the train at every stop. After 4.5 hours, standing on Interstate 395 in a line 6 people wide and mile and half long - Hands in pockets and teeth chattering.I watched Barack Obama take the oath of office...on tv like everyone else. But my TV was in the second closest house to the Capital Building in DC. Less than half a mile away, 2 million people became part of history. I became part of the ratings.

I am a survivor of The Purple Tunnel of Doom.

So here's my Seinfeld-ian question: What's the deal with tickets?

You get a plane ticket and you get bumped from your seat. You get tickets to the inauguration and watch it on T.V. I'm thinking next time I get a speeding ticket (which will be soon), I think I'll send the court a curtious letter, which will say something like...

"Due to a lack of monetary funding at this time, your speeding ticket has been bumped from the budget of Patrick Gerber. We apologize for the inconvience, and look forward to being pulled over by you in the future."

Check back for more DC stories and plenty more rants.

peace, love, dope, change, and hope.
Gerbs

No comments: