Tuesday, February 3, 2009

One Week to Work

One Life to Live.

A Monday like any other Monday.
Wake up, incoherently. Hit snooze, twice. Shower (mostly with Axe body spray). Coffee. Tap, tap, type. Right click. Left click. Coffee. 5 p.m.

This was my last Monday because in seven days Monday's will cease to exist. Ahead of me is an endless fog of possibility. So what will fill the void left by routine and responsibility? Who knows? (Nate Johnson, probably)

The Plan.
quit my job. check.
sell the bulk of my worldly possessions to my roommates. check.
re-donate 4 trash bags of cloths back to Goodwill. check.

GO.
to Athens, OH
to Columbus, OH
to Pittsburgh, PA
to Brecksville, OH
to Chicago, IL
to Turvo, Brazil
to ???????, ??

The Goal.
Take the mistakes of my past, the apathy of my present, and drag them kicking and screaming into my future. Let me try to create some sort of coherent mission statement by saying... I want to erase/finish/perfect/erratic/become/forget the following thought;

I wait for a moment of brilliant, purifying redemption. I wait for a combination of words so lovely, so undeniably, eternally true that they will apologize to everyone I have ever known and make them understand why I never apologized before.

I wait for fleeting moments of innocence when I can smile and feel a rush of happiness without a hint of guilt.

I wait for a sign from a God, I really don't even believe to exist. At night, I talk to my phantom creator and potential savior, but mid-sentence I am silenced by the suspicion that I am talking to myself, or God already knows I am insincere and has stopped listening.

So I wait...

Check back to find out where I'm at.

No comments: